At Charles Lyndon, our specialist Japanese knotweed lawyers have successfully represented clients whose properties have been affected by Japanese knotweed.
Our solicitors have been bringing claims in relation to Japanese knotweed for longer than any other lawyers in the country. We have successfully gained compensation for a large number of clients and our knowledge of Japanese knotweed law is unparalleled.
Whether you have recently bought a house and discovered Japanese knotweed or are worried about Japanese knotweed on adjoining land our Japanese knotweed solicitors will be able to advice you.
Problems created by Japanese knotweed:
- Problems with selling or remortgaging your house – most mortgage lenders will not lend on properties with Japanese knotweed, or where Japanese knotweed has been identified nearby, usually within 7meters of the property. There is also significant stigma associated with Japanese knotweed which often makes potential purchasers unwilling to buy property that is, or has been, affected by Japanese knotweed.
- Damage to your house – the plant’s invasive root system and strong growth can damage concrete foundations, buildings, roads, paving and retaining walls.
- Potential liability – if the Japanese knotweed spreads from your property to another, the owner of that property could be entitled to damages from you.
Our Japanese knotweed lawyers can help claim to recover the cost of;
- the treatment/eradication of Japanese knotweed and associated guarantee;
- any diminution of value the property has suffered as a result of Japanese knotweed; and
- any consequential losses.
Given our specialist experience we can also assist if your property is the source of the knotweed and deal with any potential claims against you. We also defend claims brought against you as a seller, developer, solicitor or surveyor.
Get in touch
If you would like Japanese knotweed legal advice or to discuss a potential Japanese knotweed claim with our specialist legal team please get in touch in one of the following ways:
- by using the contact form on this page or by emailing us at email@example.com and one of our staff will be in touch within 24 hours of receiving your enquiry
- by contacting us on 0207 058 0050. You will be put through to one of our Japanese knotweed solicitors or, if there isn’t anyone available immediately, we will set up a time to call you back within 24 hours.
We never charge for these initial conversations and we can take on most cases on a ‘no win no fee’ basis.
To read more about specific areas of Japanese knotweed law please visit:
Charles Lyndon was recently successful on behalf of its client Robin Waistell in a landmark claim against Network Rail Infrastructure Limited. This was widely reported in the news and X-Ray, BBC Wales’ consumer rights programme featured this case and interviewed Rodger Burnett.